Memorial Day events happening in Mid-Michigan
LANSING, Mich. (WILX) - Mid-Michigan is celebrating and remembering Memorial Day by holding parades, ceremonies and more.
The following list is events happening on Memorial Day weekend in Mid-Michigan.
Saturday, May 27:
- The Watertown Township Memorial Day parade will be held on May 27 at 12803 S Wacousta Road at 11 a.m. The lineup begins at 10:45 a.m.
- Capitol Harley-Davidson, located at 9550 Woodlane Drive in Dimondale, is hosting a Memorial Day Cookout on May 27 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Lansing Mayor Andy Shor will join several organizations to mark the Memorial Day weekend:
- At 10:30 a.m. on May 27, there will be a Remembrance of Union Veterans of the Civil War at Lansing’s Mt. Hope Cemetery near the Soldiers & Sailors Monument.
- At 11:30 a.m. on May 27, there will be a Lansing Fire Department Memorial Service at Lansing’s Mt. Hope Cemetery.
- At noon on May 27, the Lansing Memorial Day Service will be held at Lansing’s Evergreen Cemetery in the “Little Arlington” Section.
Monday, May 29:
- The Holt Memorial Day Parade—located at 4025 Holt Road, across Legg’s Lumber— begins at 2 p.m., and the lineup starts at 1 p.m. The parade route will head west down Holt Road to Aurelius Road, then north with the final destination at the Delhi Veterans Memorial Gardens. “Remember their Sacrifice” is the theme for this year’s Memorial Day.
- Meridian Township will hold a memorial service at Glendale Cemetery, located at 2500 Mt. Hope Road in Okemos, at 11 a.m.
- The Spring Arbor Township 48th annual Memorial Day Parade begins at 1 p.m. The memorial service starts at 12 p.m. There will also be family games and activities from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 107 E Main Street.
- There will be a Memorial Day Celebration with live music by John Louis Good at Sand Hill Crane Vineyards in Jackson from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- There will be a Memorial Day Pancake Breakfast in Hartland at 7:30 a.m. at Hartland Village Elementary School at 10632 Hibner Road. Admission costs $9 for adults and $6 for seniors.
- The City of Howell will have a Memorial Day parade taking place in downtown Howell starting at 10 a.m. The route will be from Carnegie District Library and ending at the Lakeview Cemetery.
- The American Legion Browne-Cavender Post 148 is hosting the City of Mason’s Memorial Day parade on May 29 beginning at 9 a.m. The City of Mason posted the parade’s route beginning near Bond Park.
- There will be a Memorial Day Parade in Charlotte on Monday, May 29, beginning at 11 a.m. on Cochran in front of the Old Courthouse. The parade route goes south on Cochran to Seminary, Seminary to Bostwick, and then Bostwick back to the Old Courthouse. Traffic will be detoured on Sheldon Street starting at 10:50 am.
- Young People of Purpose -YPOP’s Memorial Day Celebration in Jackson, May 29, 12-1:30 p.m. YPOP’s Veterans Memorial Garden 151 Rockwell St., food and drinks following at YPOP Educational Garden 1107 Maple Ave.
Tuesday, May 30:
- In Downtown Eaton Rapids, the Eaton Rapids High School band hosts a Memorial Day parade from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Subscribe to our News 10 newsletter and receive the latest local news and weather straight to your email every morning.
Copyright 2023 WILX. All rights reserved.